We talk about finding alternatives to salt when cooking, but it can be difficult when its so easy to just add a pinch for flavour. Thanks to About.com. we have found a recipe for a great spice mix alternative.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl until well combines. Funnel into a dry glass container and seal tightly.
Store away from heat and light.
Use within 6 months for best flavour. Is great on meat, poultry, seafood and vegies.
Recipe found on About.com